08/12/2010

empty box - morphine

tore open the package it was an empty box
no meaning to me just an empty box
sender was a woman
she said she's sending me everything I
I never gave her before
she said: Fill it up and send it back,
so I sent her back an empty box.
A big mistake, sent back an empty box
half in the shadows, half in the husky moonlight,
and half insane just a sound.

in the night I enter a valley so dark
that when I look back I can't see where I began,
I can't see my hands, I don't even know if my eyes are open.
In the morning I was by the sea
and I swam out as far as I could swim 'til I was too tired to swim anymore
and then I floated and tried to get by strength back.
Then an empty box came floating by,
an empty box and I crawled inside
half in the shadows, half in the husky moonlight
and half insane just a sound
alright

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário